[at-l] Trip reports

Marsha atrailhiker at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 1 07:13:28 CDT 2006

I keep up with reports and journals because I travel so much to different
parts of the AT for section hikes and trail magic. Next year I'm spending a
lot of time in New England in particular Maine. I love meeting up with
certain hikers on the Trail. Journals are important to me for this purpose.

I am enjoying Stumpknocker and MrsGorp's journals this year immensely, and
looking forward to Skeemer returning-he's a riot-read his journals. Another
hiker, Boulder, injured himself and he's off the Trail-I'm rather sad about
that I was hoping to see him summit.  I am following Lion King and Redneck
Rye on the PCT and Datto is sectioning the PCT this year. Lion King is
filming his PCT hike and will be titled: Walking with Freedom II, here's
what he's produced so far:
 http://walkingwithfreedom.com/episode1.mov
high speed only-----
These are only a FEW of the  people that interest me.

B'Jack is sectioning this year a lot. He, Lone Wolf  and others did start at
Springer earlier in the year, took time off for hiker events and other
things and he's in Hanover right now. He, Tricks and Fanny Pack will be
performing much New England Trail magic. I had planned on joining them this
year but cannot.

I have decided to start writing about my travels along the AT starting from
earlier this year and will be filming as well. It's a several year project.
The documentation will be about hikers of course, but mainly about the AT
community in particular hiker accommodations along the AT. It's a job I look
forward to. It is a leisure job, no schedule, no pressure. I can't do
pressure.

Every post, journal entry, media, etc is important to me. Anything
interesting please forward it to me. I'm not much interested in sponsored
hikes or hiking for a cause. I am interested in people like this:
 http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=149571
and others like Bob Peoples, Janet Hensley, etc.  I will send you all
tidbits of my travels occasionally but I don't want to clutter this site
with too much. I can be dramatic at times ;)

Hope to see you most of you at the Gathering.

Marsha