[at-l] OT: The dirty secret behind Kyoto... truth or falsehood?

Texas Twelve-Step texas12step at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 2 12:12:15 CDT 2006

jplynch wrote:

>The government is nothing more than you and I.  Remember
>the first words of the Constitution: "We the people..."

"No! Only the eyes of a chief may see the E Plebnista!"

>(which, imho, are the most important words in that document).

That's right, because they are a *lie* that every Yang is taught
from grade school to believe without question. It is the Framers'
way of telling you, the citizen, that it's really rain that is falling on
your head.

http://tinyurl.com/mxcpz
http://tinyurl.com/oekmt

>Our current policy is to pretend that bad things don't exist, and even if
>they do, that we can't risk the economic effects of taking any action
>(economic effects in this case means negative impacts to the energy
>companies and the other wealthiest among us).

Let's assume that the alarmists are correct and that global warming
is a direct consequence of the petroleum-based industrial age.
Under any *meaningful* attempt to reverse its effects, the rich
will still be able to travel by air to visit relatives over Thanskgiving
weekend. They will still be able to afford fresh red peppers from
Israel in February. They will still be able to live in their suburban
McMansions and commute to the newly-reindustrialized urban
centers. The rich won’t miss box stores and their inexpensive
wares when they disappear.

The same can't be said of the rest of us.

There is little wonder why many suspect a hidden agenda
behind global warming alarm when its proponents tend to stay
vague about serious solutions to the problem, or frame it in
terms of class envy.

TXIIS