[at-l] Treeline in Vermont?

greyowl at rcn.com greyowl at rcn.com
Thu Aug 3 13:55:44 CDT 2006

Good to see you posting Shoe.  The tree line depends upon the climate, with the temperature being more important than annual rainfall.  The farther north you go the lower the treeline.  Trees need a certain amount of time at a reasonable temperature to successfully grow.  My old field ecology book doesn't have a heck of a lot to say about it.  Try looking at:

http://www.fs.fed.us/

Bob