[at-l] Let's Hike!

Charles W. Davidson wb4pan at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 8 13:25:18 CDT 2006

Hey Gang,

            While you are busy solving the worlds problems. I am going
to solve my own problems (if only temporarily )with a hike of 5 weeks or
more!  I fly to Bangor Sept 3rd and have a lean too reserved (maybe) at
Katahdin Stream on the 4th and 5th, come on out and join me.
    I wrote Kathy Preble for information on a food drop at Jo - Mary
road. Not sure how that works. I plan to send my pack to the Cogswells
in Millinocket so that I do not have to worry with flight luggage. Not
sure how I will get from Bangor to Millinocket and then to Baxter the
next day. I can bus and cab it all if I have too. Milt Gross sent me a
lot of good info on shuttles, road access in 100 mile wilderness etc. I
will forward the 3 small Word files to anyone that is interested. Now I
have a few food drops to prepare for mailing.
    Let's hope this works out like last year. I took vacation for a two
week hike starting right after the Gathering. I kept hiking till
December 23 rd!

chase AT 99