[at-l] Good Day Sunshine

Jan Leitschuh janl2 at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 14 20:29:13 CDT 2006

Here's another article on the solar breakthrough I mentioned yesterday.
If you're considering expensive silicon cells for photovoltaics (as opposed to the very cost effective solar hot water heaters on the market right now), it might be god t wait.
Dollar for dollar, the best investment right now is in rooftop hot water if you have a sunny site. In my state, with NC and federal tax credits, the cost is down to $2500 for a lifetime of hot water.

Here's the PV breakthrough, likely available late 2007 or early 2008:

Dave Freeman and Jim Harding | Solar Cells Change Electricity Distribution
http://www.truthout.org/issues_06/081406EC.shtml
In separate announcements over the past few months, researchers at the University
of Johannesburg and at Nanosolar, a private company in Palo Alto, have announced
major breakthroughs in reducing the cost of solar electric cells. While trade journals
are abuzz with the news, analysis of the potential implications has been sparse.

I've been so impressed with my solar hot water's flawless HOT performance and the 5-7 year payback - therafter earning me a 20 percent return (better than the stock market!), that I'm searching for a way to get into the field.

So, forgive my over-enthusiasm.
;-)