[at-l] STP stove fuel

Charles W. Davidson wb4pan at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 22 16:59:16 CDT 2006

Hi Gang,

             While doing my ALDHA field work I noticed that Trents
Grocery sold denatured alcohol and Coleman by the gallon only. But they
did have STP gas treatment on the shelf in those little bottles. I have
cooked with alcohol for years but have never used the gas treatments. In
fact I use denatured alcohol for gas treatment in my car instead of
buying those little bottles. Is this STP what some of you use for
cooking? I need to know if it should be included in the Hikers Companion.

thanks
chase