[at-l] Puppy test, definately OFF TOPIC

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Tue Aug 22 18:31:56 CDT 2006

Gary Roberts wrote:

>This is a test of the emergency puppy network.  If this had been an actual puppy emergency you would have been directed to hug a puppy.  Since I don't have a puppy till Felixeseses are ready, I need a hug!  Actually I haven't been able to post to the list for over a year and wanted to see if this gets through.  Thanks for your time.

Well...these puppies will be ready in no time. They're eatin' hard food
now. Still sucklin' at the teat (mmmm, suckling at the teat)...but,
they're eatin' crunchy food.  Now...here's the thing...when I just
received this e-mail, there was another e-mail as well. Here is a cut
and pasted excerpt of it...(now, this is what I call irony):

Please adopt a pet from your local shelter
instead of buying one from a pet store.
There are many great pets waiting for a home
but 80% end up being put to sleep because
so many people end up buying pets that
come from puppy mills where the animals
are tortured, forced to bread 24/7.
Google: Puppy Mills and you will understant better.
Help stop puppy mills by putting them
out of business  and help stop thousands of animals
from being put to sleep every day and adopt a beautiful
friend from your local shelter today. Just 1 adoption by you
will make 100% difference in the life of that pet.

(don't they know I have 7 puppies and one ma dog on my porch right now?)