[at-l] Puppy name test, definitely OFF TOPIC

Kent Gardam kent_gardam at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 08:39:20 CDT 2006

Billy Johnson, Marvin, Mia, Chuck, Carmen, Karen and Butch, huh?

  Obviously these names are not mere happenstance.  Doesn't mean their origins are discernible though.  But what the heck, let me take a shot.  I'm sure others can do better.

  Billy Johnson:  well, the obvious take would be that the pup was born with white shoes.

  Marvin: a Martian perhaps?  No, more likely this one was born just as Felix showed up to ask "What's Going On?".

  Mia:  Hmmm, skinny?

  Chuck:  First steps were sort of a little slide-hop-kind-of-thing learned from Marty McFly?  Hail, Hail, Rock and Roll.

  Carmen:  I've never seen a pup born with a fruit basket on its head, but maybe it was doing the tango?

  Karen:  Perhaps another skinny little thing who looked at Felix with big brown eyes and said "I won't last a day without you".

  Butch:  Well, who hasn't wanted to have a dog named Butch anyway?

  So, oh for seven?  Or do I get partial credit?

Felix J <athiker at smithville.net> wrote:
  Marsha wrote:

> Felix is not telling the truth.
> His house is immaculate. Everything has a place, and it sits there
> perfectly. His cats are trained on command. They even make oatmeal and
> program the TV. One cat in particular, Mike, is highly intelligent

Now we'll see who's telling the truth...I don't even have a cat named
Mike. And, Willie, Steve and Wendell don't take too kindly to you sayin'
I do. Now, about them puppies...their names are: Billy Johnson, Marvin,
Mia, Chuck, Carmen, Karen and Butch. Their momma is Joe. Y'all don't
care about my puppies' names, do ya?