[at-l] PCT?

Ron Moak rmoak at sixmoondesigns.com
Sat Aug 26 17:27:12 CDT 2006

>> Many folks discourage starting from the ADZPCTKO, due to the impact on
the PCT, <<

This statement is somewhat akin to the statement that many scientists doubt
the science behind Global Warming.

The fact is the ADZPCTKO is a fine event. That's attended by hundreds of
past, current and future thru-hikers. Its impact on the PCT and environment
is far less than that of TrailDays on the AT. I'd expect if you asked a 100
people if it was worthwhile, the vast majority would say it was.

Attendance certainly isn't necessary for a successful hike and none of the
organizers would say so. But then again it certainly it won't be the end of
the world to attend. Not even the PCT's world.

There are a small band of committed folks who seem to enjoy pissing on other
people's parade. Just why is quite beyond me.

Ron