[at-l] Hartford Advocate (CT) article on a thru-hike By Emily Weil

Art Cloutman art at crystalacresnh.com
Sun Aug 27 09:25:37 CDT 2006

I sure hope it was fiction.  I did meet a young woman while I was
hiking who had to escape from a group of guys that decided she
belonged to them.  That they were going to protect her.  They
expected her to do all kinds of camp/town chores in return.  She
faked them out pretty nicely.  She told them that since she was a
slower hiker she was leaving Damascus a few hours ahead of them
expecting them to catch up within a day or two.  She may have camped
a few miles to a day out of town then walked back to town on the
Creeper trail.  She left encouraging note in the registers and a
request to carry an item to her - I don't remember what it was.
Anyway, it seemed to have worked.  For days after I read entries in
registers from these guys wondering why they could not catch up to
her.

>In a message dated 8/26/2006 3:40:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>Snodrog5 at aol.com writes:
>
>"A Hike  Of Her  Own"

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman