[at-l] gmail invitations (OT but Ryan brought this up)

Mara Factor m_factor at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 08:20:33 CDT 2006

Eddy is right.  If you have a cell phone with text message capability, you
can sign up on your own.

If you want an account and don't have access to a cell phone with text
message capability or choose not to use your own, then I can send you an
invitation and you can get an account without involving your phone.

Historically, you could only get an account with an invitation.  Then using
text messaging on a cell phone was added.  It's gmail's way to try to
prevent spammers from getting gmail accounts.

Mara

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor