[at-l] Water treatment advice needed

Victoria R rose_undine at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 13:44:08 CST 2006

Hi again.  I've gotten almost everything in line for my hike next year, but I'm still debating about water treatment, so I need some advice.  I had been using a filter, and like it, but it's rather big and heavy (MSR Miniworks EX).  I had almost decided to switch to Aqua Mira, but here's my dilemma:  I need to use something that is safe for a fetus, but AM isn't.  None of the iodine-based treatments seem to be, either.

So, with the possible safety risks, should I just take the filter anyway?  Is there another alternative?