[at-l] Blowdown Alert

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Sat Dec 2 06:50:11 CST 2006

Steve Landis wrote:

>Could get ugly today...   http://www.wunderground.com/severe.asp

I'm not sure what that map/forecast was for southern Indiana
yesterday...but, I can tell you that it got ugly enough that I was
without power for 6-ish hours...but, didn't know it cuz I spent the day
at one of John's old houses, where Scooter lives, helping a crane lift a
tree off the roof so as we could patch the gaping hole the tree put
there.  Today I'm going to try to get the mess cleaned up. Quite the
scene, it was/is. (The sad irony is this: This is the same tree that I
got a written estimate to have removed last summer. "The inside is
rotten," I said. "And, if it blows down, it'll hit the apartment."  )