[at-l] Oak tree you're in my way - lyrics meaning

Point North pointnorther_light at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 20:13:29 CST 2006

Whiskey bottles, brand new cars, oak tree you're in my way.

Anyone have a clue as to the meaning of those Lynyrd Skynyrd lyrics?  When I first thought of it, I imagined it referred to the newly wealthy rock star tearing down 100-year old oaks to build a mansion.  Then, I thought that with the drug references, it referred to an oak tree jumping in front of his car.

Gary Ticknor <garyticknor at starpower.net> wrote: Red oak makes the best firewood!

- Greenbriar