[at-l] Geez Guys!!

Sloetoe sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 12:31:22 CST 2006

--- marytinvb at aol.com wrote:
>  Oh you guys are hilarious!!
### FINALLY!

> I'll take the
> accusations in the order in which they were
> presented:
### Careful, dear -- logic will get you nowhere.

>  I have to confess I kind of joined originally to
> sort of spy, although I like to think of it as
> learning more about the enemy.
### Smart gal. Sun Tzu, right?

> But then I began to enjoy you all, so I stayed!
### Like the South Dakota state motto
 "South Dakota -- This is where the wagon broke."

Or is that North Dakota? I think South Dakota is "Come
see our tree." I forgot.

>  Indoor plumbing is something you just have or you
> don't, I don't know how to describe it. It's pretty
> much magic.
### See, you're already thinking like a hiker.

> It comes when you turn it on, it leaves
> when you say, and it's really something you don't
> think about unless it doesn't work!
### I saw that same sentence on the advertising for an
inflatable bride once. T'was in one of those "As Seen
On TV" stores, but it wasn't anything *I'd* ever seen
on tv. Had a hard time explaining it to the boys, who
were younger than now. Had to leave without buying.
"Arlene" was her name...

>  Nobody has ticks that I know of, although my
> husband may be picking them up from his girlfriend.
### Those aren't ticks, dear.

> I have a bunch of that skin-so-soft stuff, I wonder
> if that prevents ticks?
### "Prevent ticks"? I think only tiny little tick
condoms can do that, but I'd bet there's somebody
onlist who knows better.

>  Husband has no badges of any kind, he's a mailman.
> (Apparently he's been delivering more than mail!)
### Jeez, I thought this was a country/western thang,
but the rhythm is all Chicago blues. Say, you don't
play electric guitar, by any chance, do you?

> But if all goes well, the Sheriff will be serving
> him soon, so he'll get a good look at the badge
> while he's signing his acceptance of service.
### Ohhhhh, don't trust to that. They'll take your
money, then rubberband it to the door, saying "Made
Best Effort" and such. Cheapskates. Layabouts. Sheesh.

>  Looking forward to yall's tales of adventure!
### Hmmmm. "Me too."

latelyadventurelesstoe

Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.