[at-l] Headlamps

Gary Ticknor garyticknor at starpower.net
Tue Dec 5 20:00:41 CST 2006

I need advice. Christmas is coming. I am being given a headlamp for
Christmas, and I would like the lists advice on what to ask for. I
looked at REI and the Petzl Tikka (sp) looked good, but so did a variety
of others. Any advice? What holds up, battery consumption, light
intensity, headband comfort, adjustabillity, etc. I would mostly be
using it around camp, reading, not night hiking, although I was
impressed by how well they would work for night hiking (full moon
tonight is beautiful!).

Any advice would be appreciated.

- Greenbriar