[at-l] headlamps

Clark Wright icw at wardanddavis.com
Wed Dec 6 12:26:32 CST 2006

The Petzl Tikkas are really, really good headlamps; the newer model has 4
LED bulbs, and you can choose from three light settings, plus an “emergency”
flashing light setting; I find the headband very comfortable, and the tilt
feature great.  The one negative re these gadgets I have encountered is that
the act of chaging batteries can be tricky – once you open the thing, it
appears flimsy and can be a pain to get everything back in there right and
closed – especially in the dark.  Luckily, as others have attested, you can
usually get 100+ hours of use out of it.  Occasionally, I had the earlier
model open up on me while trying to adjust it up there on my head, but I
have not had that problem with the newer model.  The LED headlamp is truly
one of the great technical gadget inventions of the past 6-7 years!

Thru-Thinker

I. Clark Wright, Jr.

Ward and Davis, LLP

409 Pollock Street