[at-l] headlamps

RoksnRoots at aol.com RoksnRoots at aol.com
Wed Dec 6 13:45:51 CST 2006

         The classic "Magnalite" black-handled flashlight now comes with LED
bulbs. The previous incandescent version was $20. The new LED version is now
$33, with replacement bulbs at $18 per. With LED's sipping power I suppose the
batteries will wear out from age in the flashlight before being depleted of
charge. I used to bring the large flashlight on work trips where weight wasn't
an issue. You would be surprised how much better a strong beam could be on the
trail over smaller hiking beams.

*