[at-l] Victoria's answer...possibly TMI

Victoria R rose_undine at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 14:37:53 CST 2006

There's a very simple answer.  My husband is very eager for a family, but we have agreed to put it off until I complete my thru, because it would be much harder to do with young kids at home.  He doesn't want to wait any longer than that, though, so any and all forms of birth control will go out the window as I leave for my hike.  I want to treat myself as if pregnancy is imminent throughout the hike, because it is.  Besides that, hubby will be visitng me frequently along the way, getting a hotel room, giving me back rubs...you get the picture.  It's quite possible I could be bringing my future child up the big K with me next August.

Clark Wright <icw at wardanddavis.com> wrote:
Now, about that thru-hike pregnancy anticipation issue . . . Victoria,
inquiring minds just gotta know what the story behind the story is there.
In all my years, you are the first person contemplating a thruhike that I
have heard talk about possible thruhike pregnancy planning! :-)  From my
long distance hiking experiences, after about a month in the woods, even us
24/7 sex on the brain guys just about forget about anything to do with sex,
though I do recall some discussions about the female thruhiker rating scale
being reduced from 1-10 to a simple binary equation – feasible or just not
within the realm of possibility!  Ho-ho-ho!