[at-l] fuel for esbit stove

Karen Somers kborski at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 13:30:54 CST 2006

Jim,

Yes, you can take esbits on planes.  I would recommend
just putting them into your checked baggage rather
than taking them on board into the cabin, though I
know of no reason you could not do so.  Esbits can
also be mailed with no restrictions.  They are not
easily ignited, nor toxic.  I've used them for years
and never had any problem flying with them, so they
are the choice fuel for short backpacking trips where
you are flying to your destination.  See their Web
site for more information:

http://www.esbit.de/dynasite.cfm?dssid=4409&dsmid=66140

> Non-explosive
> Does not liquify when burning
> Ignites with match or lighter
> No sparks
> Strong heating output
> Leaves almost no ash after burning
> No visible smoke
> Lightweight and compact
> When properly stored, Esbit solid fuel maintains its
full functionality for many years
> Safety and Handling: Material Safety Data Sheet
(MSDS) is available on request