[at-l] SoBo

Charles W. Davidson wb4pan at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 12 14:41:04 CST 2006

Yo Gang,

                 I just got word from that place that finances my life.
I have to return to work on January 3rd, 2007. There will be overtime
involved until a new process is set up. Afterwards I may be able to take
vacation time and continue walking. Well, they only promised me time off
till the end of the year. Any time in the woods is good time and I have
really enjoyed walking since Sept 5th. Maybe I will still be able to
finish this as a thru hike, but if not, I have at least finished my
second section hike of the AT and only need 450 miles to finish my
third. I made it from Katahdin to the Tye River, except for that 12
miles at Harpers Ferry saved for the last.
    That aint bad when compared to my other hobby of being a couch
potatoes. I have really enjoyed watching TV and eating for the last few
days. I am down about 20 pounds. I think I am putting 5 #s per day back
on in my leisure. LOL    I will get active again very soon. Either I
will continue hiking  or I will start training soon for my first Ultra
run late next year. Either way life is truly wonderful. There is always
something fun to do.

Chase