[at-l] Chicken...or, the egg...

rcli4 at comcast.net rcli4 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 19 14:37:39 CST 2006

> But, I worked on an egg farm when I was a youngster (summer of 78?) and
> there WERE roosters. They'd walk on top of the row of cages. It actually
> wasn't an egg farm. It was a farm that raised about everything that it
> sold at its vegetable stand. We also raised tomatoes that became Hunt's
> Catsup and cabbage that became Vlasic sauerkraut.  Working there was one
> of the best experiences of my life. I firmly believe that every kid
> should have/get to do something like that.  (I wasn't real fond of the
> castration thing. Or, shovelling the chicken droppings...)

Did I read this wrong?  Only FELIX could talk about castrating chickens.  Some times when I read Felix's post I just figure I aint smart enough to figure out what he means.  Sometimes when he post I just say Hmmmm.  Sometimes I just laugh but this time somebody needs to explain castrating chickens to me.

You don't need a rooster to make a hen lay eggs but they won't hatch unless there is a rooster involved that aint been castrated :>))

Clyde