[at-l] Chicken...or, the egg...

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Tue Dec 19 14:59:38 CST 2006

rcli4 at comcast.net wrote:

>>But, I worked on an egg farm when I was a youngster (summer of 78?) and
>>there WERE roosters. They'd walk on top of the row of cages. It actually
>>wasn't an egg farm. It was a farm that raised about everything that it
>>sold at its vegetable stand. We also raised tomatoes that became Hunt's
>>Catsup and cabbage that became Vlasic sauerkraut.  Working there was one
>>of the best experiences of my life. I firmly believe that every kid
>>should have/get to do something like that.  (I wasn't real fond of the
>>castration thing. Or, shovelling the chicken droppings...)
>>

>Did I read this wrong?  Only FELIX could talk about castrating chickens.  Some times when I read Felix's post I just figure I aint smart enough to figure out what he means.  Sometimes when he post I just say Hmmmm.  Sometimes I just laugh but this time somebody needs to explain castrating chickens to me.

Hell, I've got time.  What happened was you were attaching the
'castration' thing to the 'chicken' because you had chicken on your
mind. You just as easily (and, perhaps, more accurately) could have
attached it to the 'every kid' thing. Then, you'd be thinking that I, as
a kid, was castrated...or, that I think that every kid who experiences
working on a farm should be. Neither, really, is the case. And, the
castration thing I was talking about was on the cattle.  I'd safely take
it a step further and say that there aren't too many castration
situations I can picture myself being fond of.  Now...why the heck am I
sitting here with my legs crost??