[at-l] OT: People, Nature and "Development"

David Addleton dfaddleton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 22:20:22 CST 2006

Life is nothing but competing with entropy anyway: calling it 'profit'
doesn't make it any worse or better: it's just life as we know it . . .

The psychological argument here is a nonstarter . . . why one
rationalization deserves the adjective 'damnable' more, or less, than
another, is beyond my ken . . .

R&R's post goes from acknowledging the logical conondrum, to a political
reason for ignoring it, to deciding the limits of what other people need to
know, and calling other's arguments 'damnable' . . .

I think this means we've reached the logical end of discussion here . . .

Enough.

Philosophical presupositions deserve a philosophical board, not an AT hiking
list . . . they're off topic here . . .

I'd like some candyadienne here, about now,