[at-l] Google Alert - Appalachian Trail (fwd)

Jim Bullard jbullar1 at twcny.rr.com
Thu Jul 6 21:15:52 CDT 2006

The problem is that it won't replace those power plants. If I understand
things correctly, those existing power plants are already producing more
power than New England needs and they aren't going to just shut them down.
What will happen is that the excess power will get shoved onto "the grid"
and used elsewhere. Result? Maine gives up its pristine wild character so
that folks from NYC and points South in the megalopolis will have more
electric power without further polluting their environment. It's the same
nonsense that promotes electric cars as solutions to city pollution.
Electric cars are *not* pollution free vehicles. They just shift the
pollution to areas where the power has to be generated.