[at-l] Rocky Mountain High...

Shane Steinkamp shane at theplacewithnoname.com
Sun Jul 9 18:28:56 CDT 2006

Just got back from Estes Park, Colorado.  Rocky Mountain National Park is
crowded as ever.  I did manage to climb Mt. Lili.  Pictures and journal on
the web later.

Glad to see the list back up.  Thanks, Ryan.

We visited Enos Mills' homestead cabin, and picked up some of his books.
He's the man mostly responsible for RMNP.

We got a bookmark from his great-grandaughter at the bookshop.  There's a
quote on it that I thought ya'll might like:

"The trail compels you to know yourself and to be yourself, and puts you in
harmony with the universe.  It makes you glad to be living.  It gives
health, hope, and courage, and it extends that touch of nature which tends
to make you kind." - Enos A. Mills, "Your National Parks"

Shane