[at-l] An Inconvenient Truth vs Redington Wind Farm

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 18:16:48 CDT 2006

Indeed that would be a great thing, *IF* those 26,000 cars came off
the road or *IF* an equivalent number of coal burning plants were shut
down by building the windmills but that is not what's going to happen.
Windmills aren't going to repalce cars and the owners of the coal
burning plants aren't going to say "oh hey, let's shut down for the
good of the environment now that the windmills are running". They
depend on those plants for income. What's going to happen is that they
will open up the maine wilderness to development and ship the excess
power onto the grid for use in the East Coast megalopolis.
Score: developers 100 : wilderness ZERO
But heck, we don't need messy real wilderness anyway when we can
create nice safe theme park versions and charge $25/day per person to
use them. It's the American way.

On 7/10/06, Kurt Cedergren <kcedergren at gmail.com> wrote:
> No Flames, for consideration only.....
>
> Headline from Sunday's Lewiston (Maine) Sun Journal;
>
> "More than 800,000 pounds of pollution saved every day.
> That would be the equivalent of taking 26,000 cars off the road each day, an
> eye-popping number.
> So why is building a wind farm in Redington meeting opposition?"
>
> Onestep
> --
> Freedom is having more money than you need.
> There are two trails to that destination.
> One requires a lot of money.
> The other doesn't <g>.
>
> http://onestep4me.tripod.com

Jim Bullard