[at-l] An Inconvenient Truth / a complete list/not!/So!!

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 07:15:28 CDT 2006

AL Quida and Taliban suicide bombers?
Seriously though, you don't need people to die prematurely to achieve
population reduction over time any more than you need halt all
production to reduce pollution. We do need a willingness to confront
the problem, a willingness that is sorely lacking. A negative growth
birth rate would do the trick. The real problem is the economic model
we are pursuing. A model that relies on, even REQUIRES, continuous
growth. Maybe those with sufficient wealth will be able to fly off
through space at some point in the future after rendering Earth unfit
for further habitation but it's more likely that we will face the fate
of Easter Islanders who died out after cutting the last of the trees.
That's not a future I would wish upon those who come after me.

--
Jim Bullard
http://www.jimbullard.org