[at-l] Lighten pack.

Tom Mantooth tom.mantooth at comcast.net
Fri Jul 14 23:03:04 CDT 2006

I have read a number of book and journals about hiking the AT.  Most of
them say that when they get to the NOC the people there help them to
send home items they do not need on the AT.  Yet none of they ever say
what these items are.

I feel it would be very helpful to know what a many of these items are,
so that I do not even start with them.  Can anyone on the list provide
this information.  there is not need to load down the net with this
information.  It can be sent to me at
 tom.mantooth at comcast.net

I know the list will change depending on the individual.  I for example
would not use a tarp, I tried it and hated it.  I will not depart from
my Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and my Westerning Mountaineering sleeping
bag, other than those everything is subject to change.

At the present time my 3 major item Tent, sleeping bag and backpack
weight 10lb 12 oz. I maybe able to shave another 6 to 8 oz off that.

Thanks,
Cherokee Tom