[at-l] walking about Ohio

Kent Gardam kent_gardam at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 20:04:51 CDT 2006

Just back from five days spent camping and hiking in the state parks in the Hocking Hills region of Ohio.  Old Man's Cave, Cantwell Cliffs, Conkle's Hollow, Rock House, Cedar Falls, Ash Cave and the rest.  Went hiking everyday with my wife, my 12-year-old and her girlfriend.  Nothing stupendous to report, it rained off and on but beneath the trees back in the hills the rain wasn't hardly noticeable.  None of the trails were particularly significant but they all took us to places we don't get to see everyday.  Lots of ups and downs that didn't seem so pointless, plenty of long green tunnel views, and some spectacular overlooks, caves, waterfalls, creeks and the like.  And we got to go swimming in the campground pool everyday too!

  Sorry I missed the ongoing discussion but the woods were cool in spite of 80-plus degree days and so they didn't seem relevant enough to read.

  Looking forward to our next time in the woods.