[at-l] Burning table, shelters, etc.

Vi Vi vitravelsalone at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 14:18:32 CDT 2006

Cherokee Tom asks, “Is there a stand of some type that
can be used to protect the area under the stove?”

Snow Peak makes a titanium plate which weighs 1.9
ounces on my scale.

I cook with wood burned in a fire box.  Even though I
typically cook on the ground, a plate is a base
beneath the fire box; I really don’t want to set the
woods duff on fire.

A second plate serves as both a lid for my cooking pot
- the plate weighs less than the lid accompanying the
titanium pot - and as a frying pan when suitable.

This may be more weight than some would carry.