[at-l] wing of bat, eye of newt

George (Tin Man) Andrews tinman at antigravitygear.com
Thu Jul 20 11:33:15 CDT 2006

Let's see now...2 tbsp each of dried cherries and cranberries, 3 tbsp each
of pumpkin and sunflower seeds, 3 small tootsie rolls (still in paper
wrapper), 3 slices of dried mango and a small snickers bar.  Bagged and
tagged.  5.5 ounces of trail snack.  Repeat 18 times.

The array of food on my shop table is impressive and probably comes to more
than 40 pounds.  The fun part is breaking it down into individual meals and
days of food for the mail drops.  21 days from now I board a plane to Salt
Lake City for the OR show.  Thence to Fresno and Yosemite for a
Thru-Fish-Hike of the John Muir Trail.  It's taking much longer to prepare
for the hike than the actual time on the trail seems like.  The longest
unresupplied stretch will be (me thinks) about 120 miles from the Muir Trail
Ranch to Whitney Portal.  That's about 20 pounds of food just for that
section!!!  I've been dehydrating country ham, home-made chili, hamburger,
corn, etc.  Wow!

Is denatured alcohol available at the Muir trail Ranch?

Jan jealous Shoe wants me to start a journal to give all my 'friends' a shot
at 'helping' me prepare.  I think she suggested that only because I gave her
a "neener-neener" when she said she wished she could come along.

BTW, Neener-neener.  Pass it around as needed.  :)  I AM STOKED!!!  Is it
August yet?
Tin Man