[at-l] FW: Re: ATC folks airlifted out of Lebanon

Texas Twelve-Step texas12step at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:33:48 CDT 2006

David Addleton wrote:

>REMEMBER THIS FOLKS: as a percentage of gdp, the USA
>give less than Sweden and Norway to the rest of the world
>(and we want to win hearts and minds?!!) . . . in fact, the
>usa always ranks near the BOTTOM in aid to the rest of the
>world as a percentage of gdp . . .

You know, over the past sixty years, the States didn't *have*
to sacrifice so generous a portion of its treasure, and tens of
thousands of their citizens' lives, in the defense of such places
as western Europe, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, et cetera.
But I rather doubt that humanity would be any better off
today if the States had instead returned to isolationism and
distributed Sweden-sized portions of tax loot each year to the
world's kleptocracies.

Besides, you're only referring to aid spending by *government*.

http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=082102N

TXIIS