[at-l] Anyone see this?

Carol Donaldson carol1944 at brmemc.net
Mon Jul 24 22:55:12 CDT 2006

I thought the ATC frowned upon this type of publicity stunt.   The "Trail to Recovery" appears not to be preaching as they go.

If someone wants to raise money for their cause, doing so before or after the Thru Hike is more appropriate than "preaching" along the way and passing around the "hat."

I think the hike and the Trail are "cheapened" a bit when someone who is hiking starts "preaching" or selling his version of "charity" at you.  This goes beyond HYOH.

And of his gear selection, I am not impressed.

BBryson's starting to look better to me after reading about Mr Barefoot Mental Health for Vets Whether They Want It or Not Guy.

(And those who know me assume incorrectly that I've had a brew or two.  Just tired.)
Coosa