[at-l] Barefoot guy

Martin Fors revmrf at verizon.net
Wed Jul 26 13:10:23 CDT 2006

In 2002, I met a barefoot guy and his daughter heading north somewhere after
Neels Gap. I don't think it was this fellow.  I, also, am in hope for his
healing.  After all, walking the trail with all its ramifications more often
than not does accelerate healing.  I guess I really don't understand what
the upset is for regarding him.

On mandates:  Those of us who have been in the military know that, while on
active duty, mandates are expected and will be carried out.  It's called
orders.  Upon discharge, one can throw away any help offered by anyone as
there are no mandates except death and taxes.  The VA offers through the
National Center for PTSD extensive long term help in the forms of
counseling, medication, and active work to help the vet deal with his/her
combat trauma.  But no one can stop you if you want to burn or trash your
DD-214 and refuse needed help.

Give the guy a break.  Enough, already.

rusty