[at-l] US national parks: How the west was withered

Carol Donaldson carol1944 at brmemc.net
Fri Jul 28 11:46:24 CDT 2006

Because we don't have written information of the climate changes from the first billion or so years of the planet, if it is that old, what are they comparing this 'trend' to?

We find white beach sand on the Trail at high elevations.  How'd that get there?  Was there a cycle a billion or even half a million years ago that paralleled what is occurring now?  And how can anyone know?  I don't think the cave-scientists had invented paper and pencil to write it down.

Me thinks that the planet we call Earth was at one time not slanted on its axis as it is now and that a huge cataclysmic event knocked it off balance.  Maybe what's happening is that the Earth is tired of being lopsided and it's going to melt enough ice and move enough water around and blow off a bit of steam and ash from volcanoes so that it can go back to its original axis.

Those of you who live in Atlanta will soon be waterfront property owners.

Crazy thoughts of a ramblin' hiker in 7 months and 21 days.
Coosa