[at-l] US national parks: How the west was withered

Vi Vi vitravelsalone at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 17:42:40 CDT 2006

Coosa,

You advised, 7-28-06, “Because we don't have written
information of the climate changes from the first
billion or so years of the planet, if it is that old,
what are they comparing this 'trend' to?”

“Because we don't have written information of the
climate changes from the first billion or so years of
the planet ...”

“Climate” predates man.  Man predates writing.  If one
reads written Fox News distortions do they actually
become believable?

“... if it is that old, what are they comparing this
'trend' to?”

It’s called science; geology, biology, and archeology
are among those sciences.

“We find white beach sand on the Trail at high
elevations.  How'd that get there?”

This “mystery” was resolved about 70 years ago.

“Maybe what's happening is that the Earth is tired of
being lopsided and it's going to melt enough ice and
move enough water around and blow off a bit of steam
and ash from volcanoes so that it can go back to its
original axis.”

I’ll trade scientific research and reasoning for such
a “maybe” every time.  Nice anthropomorphism, giving
earth its very own little personality, and with an
attitude problem no less.

The fact that someone doesn’t know something, doesn’t
prove a thing, it only establishes the ignorance.