[at-l] The Zoo is back in Zoology... was Re: History Lesson on Global Warming, with references

Carol Donaldson carol1944 at brmemc.net
Mon Jul 31 20:21:36 CDT 2006

Did I just get flamed again?

I don't buy the global warming s#it and think it's something that's being promoted to get people to ignore other more important issues.

We're born, we live, we die.   The earth was created, supports life, and dies.

Why is that so hard to accept?  So if a person smokes, he may die sooner.  If the earth's resources are burned up, the earth may die sooner.  But there are people who live into their early 100's who smoked since they were 9 years old.   So it doesn't mean that the earth definitely will die sooner if coal is burned to produce electricity and puts emissions in the air.

Maybe, but no one knows for sure until after the fact.

And no one will be around then to say "Told You So."

SO, I'll take The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire over "An Inconvenient ???" with regards to Global Warming.

I've also heard that some of the brightest scientists are refuting the Gore film.   And I'm not going to google to find out who.  Since you probably have a faster computer than I do, I'll leave that to you.

Claimed advanced years?  WAIT a dollgarnminute.  I'm 62 in October.  That is NOT advanced years.  That's the beginning of 35 or more years of Perpetual Vacation.  Call me 'old' and I'll have to show you my Martial Art moves, boy!  Advanced years is like 95.  My Thru Hiking partner is only 72.

Apparently I didn't make my point, tongue in cheek or whatever, but I'll repeat this as my POINT:   I don't buy the global warming s#it and think it's something that's being promoted to get people to ignore other more important issues.

Look around, follow the money, find out what's hiding in the shadows and maybe then we'll find the more important issues which are being hidden by the "inconvenient" movie.

Coosa
PS - Gibbons was talking about WILD AND FREE Reindeer, not your Zoo-ishness Reindeer.