[at-l] OT: The dirty secret behind Kyoto... truth or falsehood?

Carol Donaldson carol1944 at brmemc.net
Mon Jul 31 21:16:35 CDT 2006

Found something lurking in the shadows.

WHY do people still think that "The Government" has all the answers?   You actually WANT the Government to control your life from cradle to grave?  Are you really sure you want this?

Shall we allow the Government to decide who lives and dies by how productive that person is?   If a person is disabled, then the Government can save the price of disability payments by killing off those who get monthly payments.  Now there's a unique idea.  Think of how quickly the budget could be balanced.  They wouldn't even have to get to the "early retirement" people to balance the budget.

The Government is not solely responsible for, nor can it stop global warming.  It can't stop the "impending ice age" that we were told was occurring when I was a teenager.  The Government can't stop the next earthquake or tsunami or volcanic explosion.

As Forrest Gump said:  Shit Happens.  Live with it.  If you can't learn to live with it, then move away from it.  I still have 3 quarters I'm saving for the first person who actually goes through with the threat to move to Canada if Bush wins.

Coosa
it's all your perspective, YMMV