[at-l] Camping in Mass...

Felix J athiker at smithville.net
Wed Nov 1 21:19:44 CST 2006

I assume that I can camp most any place out of sight in southern Mass.
Is that true? I'm most interested in the area a mile or two north of US
7 and the Housatonic River crossing (near G. Barrington). Is it alright
to camp somewhere in that area? Same goes for 15 miles north of there.
I'm lookin' to hike from Salisbury, CT to possibly US 20/Lee, MA in
about 3.5 days/4 nights. Then, hitching back to Salisbury.   Another
thing...are there still two shelters at Glen Brook/The Hemlocks? If so,
why?

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98