[at-l] walking or hiking

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:52:12 CST 2006

When I walk I'm not usually carrying anything (except maybe a camera
case and/or a walking stick) but when I hike I generally have a
backpack with at least essentials of food, water and extra clothing in
case of changes in weather. At least that's the distinction for me.
Hiking necessarily involves walking but walking doesn't necessarily
involve hiking.

On 11/3/06, Lilla Thompson <lthompson at hollins.edu> wrote:
> What's the difference?  Is it time, distance, pace, purpose/objective,
> terrain, path/surface, some combination of the above?  Just curious as
> to how others make the distinction...

> Lilla

Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/