[at-l] Vote

Kent Gardam kent_gardam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 12:41:11 CST 2006

Teej,

  Interesting mix of people/stuff on your ballot.  Green Party candidate will get 3 percent?  Maybe a fifth of that where I live.  Cold beer has not been sold previously?  How barbaric.  Candidates appear more than once on a ballot?  Weird.

  Where do you live?

  Kent Gardam

Snodrog5 at aol.com wrote:
  I voted, and then held a sign for a couple of hours. Voted for the
Green/Rainbow candidate for Gov (she'll get about 3% total at the end of the day) and
the all Democrats. Voted against doubling the liquor licenses so gas stations
and mini-marts could sell wine coolers (and soon cold beer too), voted
against having candidates have their names appear more than once on the ballot,
and for overriding a gubernatorial veto so a childcare worker's bill could move
forward. Most interesting tid-bit: The wife of the Republican and the
husband of the Democrat candidates for state rep came by together in a van with
coffee, hot chocolate, and doughnuts for all the folks holding signs. I wish
that kind of spirit was more widespread across the country!

Teej