[at-l] Voted

pudscrawler at aol.com pudscrawler at aol.com
Tue Nov 7 17:59:41 CST 2006

 I made it to the polls with 1-1/2 hours to spare.  My final progress was impeded by a woman standing courageously in the rain right in front of the polling place.  She asked if I would please vote for Virginia's marriage amendment, which says a man and a woman, etc.

 As I see this as just another form of discrimination, I answered "No."  Then I entered the polling place and inquired why she was being allowed to stand within so few feet of the door.  I was given all sorts of lame excuses and mortified looks.  Not wanting to stir up things any more than that since I do not believe she had any but negative effects because of her obvious infraction, I said no more.

  Now, if only I had a TV, in a few moments I'd be a-hearing how Virginia is a-voting.

 Kinnickinic