[at-l] Vote

Jim Bullard jim.bullard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 18:49:43 CST 2006

On 11/7/06, Kent Gardam <kent_gardam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Teej,
>
>   Interesting mix of people/stuff on your ballot.  Green Party candidate will get 3 percent?  Maybe a fifth of that where I live.  Cold beer has not been sold previously?  How barbaric.  Candidates appear more than once on a ballot?  Weird.
>
>   Where do you live?

I live in NY and a candidate can appear under more than one party line
here. What happens is that a minor party may have no one running for
some offices but they have to get a certain percentage of the votes to
qualify for a line in the next election cycle so they endorse a major
party candidate for those offices that they don't have their own
candidate. By voting for the major party candidate on the minor party
line party members insure that their party will have a line on the
ballot in the next election.

I voted at 7AM. I used to do it on my way to work. I'm retired now but
old habits die hard.

--
Jim Bullard
http://jims-ramblings.blogspot.com/