[at-l] FW: FW: Winter bags/claustrophobia

Lilla Thompson lthompson at hollins.edu
Wed Nov 29 08:11:25 CST 2006

...And here's what me bro replied after seeing Black Wolfe & Jan's posts
on the subject (thanks to all who have replied...I'll be forwarding the
others as well, though it sounds like he's got a more serious problem
than even I knew ;)

Lilla,

The first reply made me hyperventilate. I would've been hysterical if I
had had 4 zippers to negotiate in order to get out of my sleeping
apparatus. In fact, I would never have gotten through 4 zippings IN!

I don't think Jan is right--at least as far as my psyche and my present
sleeping bag are concerned. It's a genuine phobia. I don't think the
problem is a mummy bag that leaves only my face exposed so much as it is
the confinement of my arms. If there were a bag with lots of shoulder
and arm room, but that still zipped tight around my head, that I think
would be alright. Are there such bags?

You have my permission to post this, if you like.

Cheers,

--T.