[at-l] Winter Backpacking

Russ Drake russ_a_drake at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 18:53:18 CDT 2006

  It seems like this year's backpacking season raced by and I was only able to go once!   It looks as though I am going to try to do some winter backpacking.

   Yet most of my gear is really for spring through fall.. I know I will need a winter bag and a nice tent....  I have been saving up my money and I saw the Hilleberg Akato one person tent...

    Anyone ever winter backpack and can offer some helpful suggestions that would be appreciated..

     I am 6' tall... 200lbs ... I am a "cold sleeper" and I sleep on my belly...   So any suggetions for a tent and bag would also be appreciated!

  Thanks

  Russ
  Carlisle, PA