[at-l] Weekend AT Trip

Logan Park park at vt.edu
Mon Oct 2 19:26:27 CDT 2006

> appreciate some advice on good brands to purchase and
> considerations for leather vs. fabric.

Hello, Jeff,

I've had excellent hiking success with Asics trailrunners-- affordable,
light, comfortable, worth about 700 miles to the pair, and they dry
rapidly when wet. The tradeoff is that they are not waterproof.  They
are constructed with a plastic last
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe_last) that provides wonderful
protection from trail rocks and roots for my flexible flat feet.  As
always, your mileage may vary.  Also, trail runners thaw more rapidly if
you accidentally let them freeze.  I've never let that happen.  *cough*

Hoplite