[at-l] eh? pads? eh?

Raphael Bustin rafeb at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 4 14:24:02 CDT 2006

At 11:29 AM 10/4/2006 -0700, Toe wrote:

>I give up.
>But no matter what mysteries you might wish to
>introduce, there is absolutely no "challenge" to
>taking an Equinox Katahdin (etc), cinching the load
>into a nice tube, and going for a stroll. Of *that*
>there is no question.

It's really simple, Toe.  I'm changing a set of gear
(and routines) that I've evolved slowly and carefully
over many years and miles.  Aside from being
heavy, it's been a damned good system.

I'm making these changes in an effort to shed
pounds.  The components work together as a
system.  They're all inter-related.

I gotta learn to cook with alcohol, sleep on (and
carry) a hunka foam pad, and pack a 3600
cubic inch internal-frame pack.  Trivial to you,
maybe, but not to me.

Having support and structure built into the pack
means one less thing to master for the short term.

rafe b
aka terrapin