[at-l] ALDHA 25th GATHERING information up on website

Eddy ewker at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 14:42:53 CDT 2006

I won't be at the Gathering but I will look forward to reading your book. Guess I will miss the hug

  Eddy

Jan Leitschuh <janl2 at mindspring.com> wrote:

I'm on digest, so I don't know if Linda, Nina or Clyde has answered this yet.

Yes, I've wriiten a "tome." Nice word, tome. Sounds... weighty.
The highly intelligent and enormously well-traveled Ms. Nina Waterfall Rogers is my editor (who better?)
and Middleton Press is the publisher.

No, Ken you haven't missed an announcement.
Ms. Worm and the Gathering forced my hand. The book is still in the book factory.

It's on my first long-distance hike - the Long Trail - with my heart-attack-challenged hiking partner Clyde "The Middle-Aged Fat man" Dodge. I was a brand new backpacker, tender and unseasoned, and the it nearly killed me. The trail, that is, although when Clyde got fit and realized he wasn't going to die, his ambitious pace nearly killed me too.

I thought it would make a decent story since not everyone can drop everything and hike the Appalachian Trail for months at a time, but a long-distance adventure and hike of a month or so might be possible without quitting one's day job. Hence the name "The Ordinary Adventurer."

The "tome" will be out sometime later this year, and when it's available I will make a BIG announcement. Believe me.
;-)

I'll be pre-selling it at the Gathering. My publisher has made a nifty mockup of the cover to display, and Stacy has given me a table, so look me up. Oh, and free hugs too.