[at-l] Newb on the loose - the questions begin

Amy Skowronek askowronek at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 23 14:33:17 CDT 2006

On topic:

I can't recommend a bag liner because I haven' t used one, but I
understand they extend the life of your sleeping bag by protecting it
from, essentially, you.  So yay liners.

I do recommend fleece sleeping socks and a hat for in the bag.  Makes
a lot of difference.  I think a hat that ties on somehow might be
best, not that I've used one.  I've only used regular hats and I
never know where I'm going to find it when I wake up.  (Over my eyes,
somewhere random in my hammock, etc.)

I have a wind-barrier type thing that I purchased to go around the
hammock, and I find that it works extremely well over the bag if I
sleep in a shelter.  It must add 10 or 15 degrees worth of protection.

-amy